The Diploma Course has been developed by the Society of Cosmetic Scientists and successfully delivered by distance learning for more than 15 years. It is regularly updated to keep abreast of developments in technology and legislation. It has now moved online!
Due to the current global situation with the corona virus and the day to day changes we are all having to make in our lives, please be re-assured that the Distance Learning Course is continuing to run as normal. The Education Administrator will be contacting you with any updates over the coming days and weeks, and I would ask you to please be patient whilst we establish next steps. For now, please continue your studies and hand in your coursework as usual per the Course Calendar. Any extensions provided by the Education Administrator will be honoured.
THE SECOND ESSAY COURSEWORK TITLES HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE EARLIER TO GIVE EVERYONE ADDITIONAL TIME TO COMPLETE THIS COURSEWORK DURING THIS DIFFICULT PERIOD. THE ESSAY TITLES ARE AVAILABLE FROM FRIDAY 27TH MARCH. THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE DATE FOR THE SECOND EXTENDED ESSAY IS 5PM ON WEDNESDAY 13TH MAY. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR ESSAY AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR, THAT MEANS WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR ESSAY. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT YOU UPLOAD YOUR ESSAY INTO THE CORRECT ESSAY AREA ONLINE, IF YOU ARE UNSURE, PLEASE CONTACT THE EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR WHO WILL HELP YOU.
If you are unsure how to upload your essay coursework, please refer to the following instructions:
- When you first log-on online, you need to click and go into the Assessment Centre (The orange bar at the bottom of this page)
- You will then see the coursework title headings in the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the heading for 'Essay Two' (This is where you click to see the essay titles that you can choose to do)
- Once you have done this a new heading will appear underneath the 'Essay Two' heading, it will show a key symbol with the word 'Titles' next to it.
- You then need to click on this 'Titles' heading that is underneath the Essay Two heading and the three essay titles will all now appear on the page, each in a grey column.
- Click on the essay title you wish to submit, and a new page will open.
Follow the instructions to upload your file, by pressing the blue upload button and selecting your essay from your computer.
Once you have done this you need to press the 'green' save button, which will take you to a new page.
Once there you will see a tick with the wording 'SUBMIT FOR MARKING' click on this and a message box will appear.
To complete the submission, you must click the 'Submit your note' button and we will receive a notification here and will respond to you to confirm your coursework has been received.
This final step is really important, there is no need for you to add any message in the box, but without clicking on the 'Submit your note' button your work will not be available to the markers to view.
If you have any problem with this process you must contact the Education Administrator before your submission deadline passes
Before you enrol you need to complete an online application form. You can do this on the Distance Learning in Cosmetic Science website. Once you have enrolled you will be provided with access keys to get into the four modules, which you can link to once you have logged in below.