The Diploma Course has been developed by the Society of Cosmetic Scientists and successfully delivered by distance learning for more than 15 years. It is regularly updated to keep abreast of developments in technology and legislation. It has now moved online!
WELCOME TO NEW STUDENTS STARTING THE COURSE ON 2nd SEPTEMBER 2019
I am contacting you as all the available places on this yearís course have now been allocated and I feel am finally able to welcome everyone properly onto the course as there are only a few outstanding candidates left awaiting to confirm their place.
Many of you have made a start on your units and if you have not yet done so I advise you to do so immediately and activate all the codes that have been given to you before they expire.
12th to 13th November 2019
This is the major exhibition that the SCS organise each year and if you are living in the UK, I suggest that you attend. Full information about the exhibition can be found at www.scsformulate.co.uk I shall be there on the SCS Stand 100 on both days. Please feel free to drop by for a coffee and I look forward to meeting with those of you that can attend. Over the course of the two days, we are also expecting lecturers and markers to drop by on the stand as well.
The Exhibition is an excellent way to see what is new on the market and collect a wealth of information about ingredients/raw materials. Your first essay titles will have been released by then and often if you are looking for ideas you can gain some leads by chatting to other people on the stands.
Entrance to the Inspire seminars as well as the Exhibition is free of charge. The only seminars to pay for are the Inform Seminars and they cost £90+VAT for each day for non-members. However, if you are not a member and would like to attend any of the inform sessions, please contact my colleague Gem Bektas. Gem can be reached at email@example.com and please let Gem know that you are a student on the course, Gem will issue a temporary membership number to you that you can then use to register online to attend for free. Please note, that as for members, the last date to register for free is Friday 8th November.
When I receive confirmed dates for the Lab days in March and the Summer School in July, I will add them to the course calendar.
If there is anything you do not follow on the course, please contact me and please remember to often refer to your course calendar. The three essay titles will be released on the Assessment Centre part of the site on Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
EXAMS SEPTEMBER 2019
To all students taking exams and re-sit exams this year.
- Please ensure that you know the correct dates and times for each of your exams and that you arrive in plenty of time to allow for any registration process, prior to the exam starting on each day.
- Donít forget to take your passport (or other photographic ID) for photographic ID purposes.
- Donít forget to take your writing pens.
- You do not need your student number to take with you to the exams, your student number will be on the front of the exam wallet with your name when you attend each exam, you are to write your student no only on your answer sheets and not your name.
- You are only to answer 4 questions from each exam paper, do not answer any more, as it is not possible to achieve any additional marks by doing so, you will only be marked on the first four questions you answer from each exam paper.
I wish you all the best for each of your exams.
Before you enrol you need to complete an online application form. You can do this on the Distance Learning in Cosmetic Science website. Once you have enrolled you will be provided with access keys to get into the four modules, which you can link to once you have logged in below.